One KSS stamp set for Four Seasons.
Green Knoll, Snowy Slopes, Poppy Fields or Ocean Blue … you be the judge?
Lately, my go-to stamp set for creating a scene card has been, Rolling Hills (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps. You may recall seeing a few weeks ago, the St.Patrick’s card with a green grassy knoll? Then there was my post that showed the 2 contrasting uses for Rolling Hills. One as slopes covered in snow and the other as a field of poppies … but this stamp set doesn’t stop there!
The other day I came across a video demo by Joyce from Mod Squad/Paper Finesse who was creating a lovely scene card with KSS – HERE and Gina K. Inks (her 40 colors look absolutely lovely which I am going to have to try!) … and Joyce did something that hit me with total inspiration! While stamping Rolling Hills, she used Step #4 at the bottom of the hill instead of the top of the hill. Instantly it looked like waves to me! I LOVE IT when you turn something upside down and see it as something completely different and that gives you an entirely new perspective… and inspiration!
Now it just so happens that I needed to make a Masculine Birthday card, so I immediately pulled out Rolling Hills(Multi-Step) Clear Stamps along with Lighthouse (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, Sail Boats (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, and Icy Pond (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps… for the small pine trees AND used the snow drifts for a grassy mound in front of the lighthouse… and got inky!
First stamping the lighthouse and seacliffs. I cut a simple mask for the left side of the lighthouse and the roof to the caretaker’s house and stamped the light pine trees. After stamping the light pine trees, I removed the mask and stamped the darker pine trees and grassy mound… right on top – no masking.
Next the water. Another mask for the cliffs. This mask was loosely cut and a bit larger (beyond the tiny specs of rocks) and placed the mask down lightly so the mask edges were free from the paper (ok… does that make sense?). After stamping each step of Rolling Hills for the water, I would pick up the mask and gently reposition it over the cliffs. This process of repositioning the mask loosely over the cliffs created the white “breaker water” between the cliff and water. As usual, I stamped step #4 a the top, but I also stamped Step #4 a few times at the bottom. Overlapping each time with a different color ink – Teal Zeal, Paris Dusk, and Nautical Blue. This created added waves at the bottom of the card.
Finishing UP. After the water was finished, (using the Sail Boats SVG Cut Files) I cut out two sailboats and then stamped them (colors listed below). The larger one is attached with a pop-up glue dot and the smaller was attached flat directly onto the card stock. I added a little shimmer to the boats’ water wake, with a Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen. Sponge the sky with Summer Sky and a cut cardstock using Lawn Fawn Custom Craft Dies – Puffy Cloud Borders dies. Add the Happy Birthday sentiment from Make a Big Statement Clear Stamps, the seagulls… and voilà! A Masculine Birthday Card!
I was thrilled with how the ocean turned out! (Thanks, Joyce!) What do you think?
So, what else can you see Rolling Hills turn into???
I would love to hear your suggestions … even if it is a challenge. 🙂
Please check out the beautiful Lilac Spring card from Lynn McAuley this week.
Thanks for stopping by and have an inky day!
Stamps: Lighthouse (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, Sail Boats (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, Rolling Hills (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, Icy Pond (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, and Make a Big Statement Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Paper: Classic Crest Solar White 80 Cover 8.5″x11″ 250/pack from Neenah. Soft Sky & Not Quite Navy from SU!
Inks: (Memento unless noted)
- Lighthouse: Step #1 – London Fog – so 1x, Step #2 – London Fog – so 1x – repeat, Step #3 – London Fog, Step #4 – Gray Flannel.
- Rock: Step #3 – Gray Flannel 2x’s, Step #4 – Espresso Truffle, Step #2 Gray Flannel so 1x + Desert Sand, Step #1 – Desert Sand so 1x – repeat.
- Pine Trees & Grassy Mound (from Icy Pond): [Variation 1 – lighter] Step #3 – Olive Grove, Step #2 – Pistachio, Step #1 – New Sprout. [Variation 2 – darker] Step #3 – Northern Pine, Step #2 – Olive Grove, Step #1 – Pistachio. [Grassy Mound] Stpe #1 – Pistachio, Step #2 – Olive Grove).
- Sailboats: [Large Boat] Step #3 – Gray Flannel, Step #2 – London Fog on boat and Love Letter on the sail, Step #1 – London Fog on the boat and Lady Bug on sail then so 1x, Step #4 -Gray Flannel 2x’s. [Small Boat] Step #3 – London Fog, Step #2 – Summer Sky, Step #1 – London Fog so 1x.
- Ocean: Step #3 – Paris Dusk, Step #2 – Teal Zeal, Step #1 Teal Zeal so 1x, Step #4 – Nautical Blue.
- Seagulls: Step #2 – London Fog, Step #1 London Fog so 1x, Step #3 – Gray Flannel.
- Sky: Sponge with Summer Sky, using Puffy Cloud Borders (see below for link).
- Sentiments: Paris Dusk with a drop shadow in Summer Sky.
Embellishments: Lawn Fawn Custom Craft Dies – Puffy Cloud Borders dies, Sakura 37906 2-Piece Pouch Gelly Roll Stardust Pen Set, Clear, & 3L Scrapbook Adhesive Permanent Pre-Cut 3D Foam Squares, Mixed Variety, 217pk, White.