Blending a Spooky Night Sky.
I recently learned about these “Life Changing” Blender Brushes (from Picket Fences) from Chris Dayton (you can see her gorgeous MN Loon at Dusk card – HERE). These brushes are so incredibly soft and make it so easy to blend different ink colors that have an “airbrushed look” when you are finished. The trick when blending is to start off the cardstock and in a circular motion, move the brush onto the cardstock. This helps prevent getting ink splotches where some brush bristles picked up too much ink.
Stamps to make this card: Owl & Autumn Moon Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Brush Strokes Multi-Step Clear Stamps, and Pumpkins Multi-Step Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
I created this card by first stamping in this order:
- the ground
Next came blending the sky. Using the largest brushes in a circular motion, starting around the moon and working out towards the cardstock’s outer edges in “rings” of color. I used the following ink colors (from Catherine Pooler) in this order:
- Tiki Torch
- Mandarin Spice
- Sugared Lavender
- Juniper Mist
- Royal Treatment
- Black Jack
Finishing the card with adding the bats over the moon. Coated the pumpkins with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and add to card with pop dots.
Color Recipes to make this card
Please check out what the KS Crew has cooked up for you this week using KSS stamps… and have an inky day!
(Moonlit Pumpkin Patch)
Stamps: Owl & Autumn Moon Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Brush Strokes Multi-Step Clear Stamps, and Pumpkins Multi-Step Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Paper: Classic Crest Classic Cream Crest from Neenah. Bronze & Onyx from Stardream.
Inks: (Catherine Pooler – except pumpkins)
- Ground: Step #4 – Spruce, Step #3 – Eucalyptus, Step #2 – Green Tea, Step #1 – Melon Ice.
- Tree: Step #2 – Icing on the Cake, Step #1 – Twilight.
- Moon: Step #3 – Tiki Torch, Step #2 – Shea Butter, Step #1 – Limoncello.
- Pumpkins: see Pumpkin’s Color Recipe
- Leaves: (variation 1) Step #2 – Tutti Frutti, Step #1 – Sauna. (variation 2) Step #2 – Mandarin Spice, Step #1 – Shea Butter.
- Bats: Black Jack.
- Sky: Limoncello, Tiki Torch, Mandarin Spice, Sugared Lavender, Juniper Mist, Royal Treatment, Black Jack, and Midnight.