A Truck Load Scene Card Step-by-Step
I had a number of people on other card making sites ask how did I make the Truck Load Fall card … so I stamped a second Spring card and took step-by-step photos of the layers which I hope will help break it down.
Step-by-Step Truck Load of Spring Card using Kitchen Sink Stamps and the MISTI
Start with a piece of white cardstock 4.25″ x 5.5″ [NOTE: Check YouTube for additional information using the MISTI) and first stamp with Birch Trees Multi-Step Stamps.
Stamp Birch tree trunks first in the upper left corner.
- Photo A: Stamp Step #2 in Rich Cocoa (Memento).
- Photo B: Align Step #1 by matching up top, bottom, branches and split in the tree trunk on the right. Close MISTI to “pick up” stamp.
- Photo C: Stamp Step #1 in Desert Sand (Memento).
Add a 1″ to 1.5″ strip of cardstock to the left side of the stamped tree. This gives a defined edge to push your “working” 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of cardstock up against for aligning future stamps while stamping beyond (see birch leaves fall off 4.25″ x 5.5″ card stock.
Place cardstock strip and working cardstock in the lower left corner of MISTI.
Stamp Birch tree leaves
- Photo A: Stamp Step #3 in Northern Pine (Memento).
- Photo B: Stamp Step #2 in Cottage Ivy (Memento).
- Photo C: Stamp Step #1 in Pear Tart (Memento).
NEXT: Move working cardstock and strip to the upper left corner of the MISTI to stamp Rolling Hills Multi-Step Stamps for the grassy knoll.
No masking, stamp grass right over the bottom of birch trees.
- Photo A: Stamp Step #2 in Cottage Ivy (Memento).
- Photo B: Stamp Step #3 in Olive Grove (Memento), stamp 2x’s.
- Photo C: Stamp Step #1 in Pear Tart (Memento) and stamp Step #4 in Northern Pine.
NEXT: Move working cardstock and strip to the upper right corner of the MISTI with the strip on the far right to stamp Trees Multi-Step Stamps for the purple flowering tree.
No masking, stamp tree just under birch leaves.
- Photo A: Stamp Step #3 in Sweet Plum (Memento).
- Photo B:
- Stamp Step #2 in Lulu Lavender (Memento), stamp 3x’s.
- Stamp Step #1 in Lulu Lavender.
- Stamp Step #2 in Toffee Crunch (Memento).
- Stamp Step #3 in Rich Cocoa (Memento).
- Stamp Step #3 in Desert Sand (Memento).
NEXT: Sponge/blending brush background with soft clouds using masks.
- Photo A: Cut a mask to cover the birch tree trunks only. (the mask used in photo A&B were used before were I was stamping pine trees).
- Photo B: Using a scrap of cardstock cut with Puffy Cloud Borders metal die (from Lawn Fawn), and a blending brush or sponge. Start at the top and work down adding clouds in the open spaces of the birch leaves, sponge Danube Blue along the “puffy cloud” cut card stock.
- Photo C: After finishing soft clouds, remove mask over birch tree trunks.
NEXT: Placed stamped landscape to the side for later.
With another piece of white cardstock 4.25″ x 5.5″, place in any corner of the MISTI. In the lower half, stamp Classic Old Tuck Multi-Step Stamps.
Begin by stamping the truck base (wheels) first.
- Photo A: Stamp Step #3a – Onyx Black (VersaFine)
- Photo B: Stamp Step #2a – Moonlit Fog (Gina K) 2x’s
- Photo C: Stamp Step #1a: Moonlit Fog
Next stamp the truck’s body.
- Photo A: Stamp Step #1b – Powder Blue (Gina K)
- Photo B: Stamp Step #2b – Powder Blue 3x’s
- Photo C: Stamp Step #3b – Blue Denim (Gina K)
- Photo D: Stamp Step #4b – In The Navy (Gina K)
NEXT: On the top half of the cardstock with the truck (or a scrap of cardstock), place in any corner of the MISTI, stamp small tulips using Bitty Tulip Bouquet Multi-Step Stamps.
- Photo A:
- Stems & Leaves
- Stamp Step #4c – Northern Pine (Memento)
- Stamp Step #3c – Cottage Ivy (Memento)
- Stamp Step #2c – Bamboo Leaves (Memento)
- Stamp Step #1c – Pear Tart (Memento)
- Stamp Step #1d – Cantaloupe (Memento)
- Stamp Step #2d – Cantaloupe (Memento) 3x’s
- Stamp Step #3d – Tangelo (Memento)
- Stamp Step #4d – Lady Bug (Memento)
- Stamp Step #5d – Rhubarb Stalk (Memento)
- Photo B: Cut around the top and the bed of the truck.
- Photo C: Position tulips behind the truck in the back bed area and mark what can be trimmed off from the stamped tulips.
- Photo D: Cut off the portion of the tulips that will be used with the truck bed.
- Photo A: Cut out the remaining portion of the truck and the cut the tulips. [NOTE: Coordinating SVG stamp outline cut files makes this part easier].
- Photo B: Position tulips behind the truck bed and tape or glue to the back.
NEXT: To add additional shadows under the truck.
- Photo A: Cut a mask out of the bottom portion of the truck and place it where the finished stamped truck will be placed.
- Photo B: With a blending brush or sponge and a darker green ink, add a shadow under the truck. Start at front tires and blend ink along the mask edge by following the direction of the arrows indicated in the photo.
- Photo C: Remove mask. Shadows will show where the inked truck will be placed.
Finally: Add pop dots to the back of the finished truck with tulips. Place on finished stamped landscape above the added tire shadows.
Please check out what the KS Crew has cooked up for you using KSS stamps… and have an inky day!
(Supplies for the finished card)
Paper: Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah. Aquamarine & Onyx from Stardream.
Inks: (listed above)
Embellishments: pop dots.