What colors do Daffodils come in?
From what I have seen (and Googled) … Daffodils are usually all yellow or white with a yellow or orange center. Some fancy ones are a creamy white with a peachy, pink center. But beyond that Daffodils seem to be very content with their narrow color palette. Good thing I am not a Daffodil, I think I would eventually get bored of yellow.
Don’t get me wrong, the color Yellow is joyful and happy … definitely a “sunny” color, but today I decided to throw caution to the wind a challenge Mother Nature (in a good way – lol!) and make my daffodils a happy & peppy … pink! I think they look happy being a new color.
Stamps used to create this card: Multi-Step Spring Daffodils Clear Stamps, Multi-Step Brush Strokes Clear Stamps, and Make a Big Statement Clear Stamps.
If you have ever seen Daffodils in a different color than what I mentioned above… please, share it with me, I would love to know. 🙂
And speaking of “peppy pink”, here is a blast from the past with some happy, pink pansies!
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous & inky day!
Please check out what the KS Crew has cooked up for you today.
Stamps: Multi-Step Spring Daffodils Clear Stamps, Multi-Step Brush Strokes Clear Stamps, and Make a Big Statement Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Paper: Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah. Soft Sky from SU! Fairway from Stardream.
Inks: (all Memento Inks unless note)
- Daffodils: flowers – Step #4 – Love Letter, Step #3 – Rose Bud, Step #2 – Lulu Lavender, Step #1 – Angel Pink. leaves – Step #1 – Bamboo Leaves, Step #2 – Cottage Ivy, Step #3 – Olive Grove.
- Dragonfly: Step #2 – Tuxedo Black, Step #1 – Desert Sand. Tiny Dragonflies: London Fog (one full stamping and the other, stamp off 1x).
- Brush Stoke: (for grass): Step #4 – Cottage Ivy, Step #3 – Bamboo Leaves + Pistachio, Step #2 – Bamboo Leaves, Step #1 – New Sprout.
- Sentiment: Stone Blue (Catherine Pooler).
Embellishments: Pop dots and Gelly Roll Clear Star pen (daffodils’ stamens and sentiment).
Stamps: Multi-Step Pansy Clear Stamps, Vintage Words Clear Stamps and Mix it Up! Alphabet Clear Stamps (the tiny heart) from Kitchen Sink Stamps. Paper:
Paper: White Exact. from Wausau. Stardream – Mars. Metallic Rosebud from The Paper Company. Shimmer White and Bravo Burgundy from SU!
Ink: (all SU!)
- Large Light Pink – Step #1 – Pink Pirouette, Step #2 Pretty in Pink, Step #3 Regal Rose, Step #4 Rose Red, #5 Bravo Burgundy.
- Large Med. Pink – Step #1 – Pretty in Pink, Step #2 Regal Rose, Step #3 Rose Red, Step #4 Riding Hood Red, Step #5 – Bravo Burgundy.
- Small Dark Pink – Step #1 – Regal Rose, Step #2 Rose Red, Step #3 Riding Hood Red, Step #4 Bravo Burgundy, Step #5 – Basic Black.
- Sentiment – Bravo Burgundy.
Embellishments: Classic and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. Pink velvet ribbon from Michael’s. Adhesive Pearl rhinestones from Marcella K. Sakura Clear Star pen for some sparkle.