Masking a Serene Nature Scene
This card has a bit a masking, but don’t let that put you off from creating a peaceful nature scene card! I will share my steps below. My intentions for this card was to add a “Happy Father’s Day” or “Happy Birthday” sentiment on the inside later, I used the entire “canvas” for my nature scene. The finished card is an A2 size (5.5″ x 4.25″) and the main panel is 4.75″ x 3.5″.
My steps for stamping this card are as follows.
- Stamp birch trees and then mask just the tree trunks) using Masking Magic (from Thermo Web)
- Stamp tree line from the set Bear in the Woods and another add quick mask with Post-It note (because it is thinner and as I am building up layers of masks, I want to make my layers don’t get too thick).
- Stamp distant mountains above the tree line.
- With torn paper and blending brushes, add foreground.
- Remove the top tree line mask, but keep the birch tree trunks covered.
- Add clouds using blending brushes and SVG Cut Cloudy Skies Stencil. Faintly add some clouds amongst the birch leaves.
- Remove birch tree trunk masks and stamp some grass from the stamp set, Birch Trees.
- With a paintbrush, dip into the lid of the mid tone color ink pad used to stamp the line of trees (in this case it was Olive Grove from Memento) and touch any white that might be present after removing the birch tree trunk mask).
- Add with pop dots, previously SVG cut and stamped, bear and rocks.
- Stamp some more grass on the rocks.
I hope this card inspires you to stamp your own nature scene using masks.
Stamps used to create this card: Bear in the Woods Multi Step Clear Stamps, Birch Trees Multi Step Clear Stamps, Grand View Mountains Multi Step Clear Stamps, Shoreline Rocks Multi Step Clear Stamps, and SVG Cut Cloudy Skies Stencil from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Please remember to check in with the KSS Design Team and see what inspiration they have cooked up for you this week.
Have a fabulous and inky day!
Supplies to the cards above:
- Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah for multi-step stamp images and sentiments.
- Card base: Azure Blue from Cards & Pockets.
- Frame: Hot Fudge from Cards & Pockets
Inks: Multi-Step stamped images – Memento Inks & Cathrine Pooler – see color recipes tab under menu.
Embellishments & Other:
- Pop dots
- Masking Magic