Beautiful Fall Colors and a Hidden Inky Mess!
Today’s card was inspired by all the beautiful #autumnleaves photos on Instagram.
I had intended to leave the upper right-hand corner free for a sentiment, but I will get to that (my inky mess – photos below) in a bit.
Stamps to Autumn Gratitude card: Birch Tree Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Cabin by the Lake Clear Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Trees Clear Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Isle of Big Bay Lake Clear Multi-Step Clear Stamps, and Mallard Ducks Multi-Step Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
The order in which I stamped this card is as follows:
- Yellow Birch Tree – then mask tree trunks only
- Cabin – then mask
- Water for the lake – then mask horizon
- Light Pine Trees – then remove mask covering water
- Dark Pine Trees
- Red Oak Tree – then remove cabin mask
- Ground in the lower-left corner with blending brush
- Grass in front of the cabin – then remove birch tree mask
- Clouds with stencil and blending brush
Right after I finished blending the clouds, I picked up the card to place back in my Misti and there it was … an INKY SMUDGE! (GRRR!)
When this happens (and I admit, with my inky fingers, IT often does!), I will usually cover it up with a sentiment or an embellishment. This inky smudge was too high up on the card to fully cover with a sentiment, so a flying Mallard to the rescue!
Please don’t forget to check in with the KSS Design Team and see what they have cooked up. Have a wonderful Inky (and smudge-free) day!
Additional supplies for the cards above:
Paper: Finished card measure 4.25″ x 5.5″
- Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah.
- Bitter Chocolate Matte from Cards & Pockets
- Always Artichoke from SU!
Inks: (all Memento Inks – unless noted)
Embellishments: pop dots