14 Weeks ‘Til Christmas – Holiday Ornament Countdown with Kitchen Sink Stamps!
The Ornament fun continues! This week’s ornament is a Christmas Lake Scene (before the lake freezes) with a holiday Loon & Poinsettia.
I was really happy with how the stamped water from Cabin by the Lake, turned out! The natural wood color added depth to the ripples in the water. Adding Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen as highlights on the water, makes the lake look like it is glistening as light bounces on the water.
Celebrate Our Annual Anniversary Sale – 20% OFF EVERYTHING In Stock!
(Back-Order & Special Order Items are not on sale.)
Now until Sept. 25th midnight. Coupon Code: BIRTHDAY20KSS
Stamps to make this ornament: Snowy Pine Trees Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Poinsettia Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Winter Cardinal Multi-Step Clear Stamps (pine branch), Cabin by the Lake Multi-Step Clear Stamps (water), and MN Loon & Tiny Norway Pine (flying birds) Multi-Step Clear Stamps – both SP Edition from Junkie-Fest from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Directions: Using Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah and the coordinating KSS SVG cut files,
- Cut out:
- a small poinsettia
- small pine branch
- loon (fussy cut after stamping – no SVG cut file)
- Stamp all cutouts following color recipes from the links below.
- Loosely position the small pine branch, poinsettia and loon on the wood disk to determine where the snowy pine trees and water horizon line will look best.
- Stamp the “background” of water and snowy pines (Palette ink) directly on the wood disk. Add glitter in the “snow” areas and “highlights” in the water with a Wink of Stella Clear Pen (from Zig).
- Stamp flying birds (from Tiny Norway Pine) above snowy pines in the upper right of the wooden disk.
Next assembling cutout & stamped layers:
- Small Pine Branch: Use pop dots to adhere to wooden disk in the upper left corner.
- Poinsettia: Use pop dots to adhere to raised pine branch. Add Goldenrod Stickles in center of poinsettia flower. Brush poinsettia pedals with a Wink of Stella Clear Pen.
- Loon: Use pop dots to adhere to wood disk over stamped water. Add Christmas Red Stickles in center of loon’s eye. Brush green head with a Wink of Stella Clear Pen.
Color Recipes for these stamp sets:
- Snowy Pines (small) on wood disk (Palette Inks)
- Step # 3 – Jardin Moss
- Step # 2 – Landscape
- did not use Step #1
Winter Cardinal (pine branch)
(JunkieFest 2018 exclusive)
- Step #3 – Onyx Black – (Versa Fine)
- Step # 2 – Spruce – (Catherine Pooler)
- Step # 1 – London Fog stamp of 1x – (Memento)
Tiny Norway Pine (flying birds)
(JunkieFest 2018 exclusive)
- Gray Flannel (Memento)
Cabin by the Lake (water)
- Water on wood disk (Palette Inks)
- Step # 2 – Juniper Mist (Catherine Pooler)
- Step # 1 – Stone Blue (Catherine Pooler)
Thanks for stopping by for the second installment of KSS’ Holiday Ornament Countdown to Christmas!
Don’t forget to check in with the KSS Design Team and see what they have cooked up.