KSS is Gearing up to Celebrate the 4th with some Firecracker Savings
(SALE INFO AT BOTTOM OF PAGE)
My memories of 4th July growing up were always spent at the lake up and watching the fireworks over the water. Today’s card reminds me of those peaceful summers … no cell phones, no computers, video games … how on earth did we survive? LOL!
Anyway, on about today’s card. I while back I had been stamping “something” with Multi-Step Trees and while I was at the computer I glanced back over to my stamp table and the Tree set that was laying sideways catch my eye! The trees did not look like trees, but bushes! That got me thinking (usually a dangerous thing!), and I wondered if masking the tree down the middle and stamping it horizontal instead of vertical like a tree, would it look like bushes? AND could the other half of the tree look like bushes as a reflection on water? Well here is my experiment and I think it works… what do you think? Best part … I did not mask the lake/tree. I stamped it right on top of the stamped water! I did mask the birch trees and then stamped the side “bush” by the cabin, but stamped directly on top of the cabin too. Don’t you just love when you see something new because you looked “it” from an entirely different direction? … and this time a messy craft table was a help! LOL
Stamps used to create this card: Birch Trees Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Cabin by the Lake Multi-Step Clear Stamps, Trees Multi-Step Clear Stamps, and Words 4 Celebrating Clear Stamps.
Here is the same card with the “lake/tree” section on its side (in the correct direction for the tree) Yup, it is a tree! The same tree stamped in the card below.
I suggest once in a while turning things on their side, upside down or partially covered up … you may be surprised by what you see! 😉
To help kick off the Summer, you will find 20% OFF EVERYTHING in stock! (except Back Order & Out of Stock items). Now until July 5th midnight. Happy 4th!
Use the Code: july4kss20
Plus, before the end of July/August, the following stamp titles will be moving to the Kitchen Pantry for Special Order, so here is your chance to get these sets on sale.
- Champagne Celebration Multi-Step Clear Stamps
- Cup of Warm Chocolate Multi-Step Clear Stamps
- Mix It Up! Alphabet Clear Stamps
- Mother’s Cameo Multi-Step Clear Stamps
- Nesting Dolls Clear Stamps
- Ribbons with a Cause Multi-Step Clear Stamps
- School Days Multi-Step Clear Stamps
- Thanks with Style Clear Stamps
- Vintage Words Clear Stamps
- Wedding Couple Multi-Step Clear Stamps
Please check out what the KS Crew has cooked up for you today.
Stamps: Birch Trees ( Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, Cabin by the Lake (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, Trees (Multi-Step) Clear Stamps, and Words 4 Celebrating Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Paper: Solar White Classic Crest and Classic Crest – Environment Desert Storm (Kraft) from Neenah. Always Artichoke from SU!
Inks: (all Memento Inks unless noted)
- Birch Trees: tree trunks – Step #2 – Rich Cocoa, Step #1 – Toffee Crunch, stamp 1x, repeat. tree canopy leaves – Step #3 – Northern Pine, Step #2 – Cottage Ivy, Step #1 – Bamboo Leaves.
- Cabin: (mask birch trees) Step #4 – Espresso Truffle, Step #3 – Rich Cocoa, Step # 2 – Toffee Crunch, Step #1 (rooftop only) – London Fog.
- Bushes left of Cabin: (with birch trees still masked) Step #4 – Cottage Ivy, Step #3 – Bamboo Leaves + Pistachio, Step #2 – Bamboo Leaves, Step #1 – New Sprout.
- Water: (mask cabin) Step #2 – Paris Dusk, Step #1 – Bahama Blue.
- Lake Bushes: (over stamp water) Step #4 – Northern Pine, Step #3 – Olive Grove, Step #2 – Pistachio, Step #1 – New Sprout.
- Silouhette Canoer: Tuxedo Black, stamp 2x’s.
- Clouds: sponged with Summer Sky and a scrap of cardstock cut with Puffy Cloud Borders metal die from Lawn Fawn
- Sentiment: Juniper Mist (Catherine Pooler).
Embellishments: Twine from Michael’s.
Stamps: Multi Step Rolling Hills Clear Stamps, Multi Step Trees CLear Stamps, Multi Step Tree Friends Clear Stamps, Multi Step Cabin by the Lake Clear Stamps (clouds) and Make a Big Statement Clear Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Paper: Solar White Classic Crest from Neenah. Soft Sky from SU!
Inks: (all Memento Inks):
Hills: Step #4 – Olive Grove, Step #3 – Cottage Ivy, Step #2 – Pistachio, Step #1 – Bamboo Leaves, Step #3 (bottom half) – VersaMark + EP Dragon Red from Stampendous!
Clouds: Step #1 – Frost White (ColorBox), Step #2 – Frost White 2x’s, Step #3 – Frost White 3x’s.
Tree: Step #4 – Northern Pine, Step #3 – Cottage Ivy, Step #2 – Bamboo Leaves, Step #1 – Pear Tart.
Birds: London Fog.
Sentiment: Love Letter 2x’s.