I had picked up this 25 box “count-down box” at least a year ago (sorry, can’t remember where on line, but will let you know when it comes to me) and it has been patiently waiting on a shelf for the perfect occasion. Well that time finally came… and I used it as a 21st birthday gift for my God Daughter who turn 21 last week! (I still can’t believe she’s 21!) I filled each little box with either cash or a treasure.
Using all Memento inks, I stamped a full 12″x12″ sheet using 3 Step Butterflies. I started with 3 large butterflies in the center [Inks: Top butterfly – Step #3 – Rich Cocoa, Step #2 Rhubarb Stalk, Step #1 Cantaloupe. Center butterfly – Step #3 – Rich Cocoa, Step #2 Tangelo, Step #1 Dandelion. Bottom butterfly – Step #3 – Rich Cocoa, Step #2 Potter’s Clay, Step #1 Cantaloupe]. Then added the middle size butterflies [Inks: Purple butterflies – Step #3 – Paris Dusk, Step #2 Sweet Plum, Step #1 Lulu Lavender. Magenta butterflies – Step #3 – Paris Dusk, Step #2 Lilac Posies, Step #1 Angel Pink. Blue butterflies – Step #3 – Paris Dusk, Step #2 Bahama Blue, Step #1 Sky Blue.] randomly around the 3 larger ones and filled in the empty spaces with the two smaller “fluttering” butterflies [Inks: Purple butterflies – Step #3 – Tuxedo Black, Step #2 Grape Jelly, Step #1 Lilac Posies. Blue butterflies – Step #3 – Tuxedo Black, Step #2 Danube Blue, Step #1 Bahama Blue]. When masking was needed, I used Eclipse Strips to mask off the edge of a wing (more on that to follow in my next post). Then I stamped over the entire sheet using the background script stamp [in Desert Sand] from 3 Step Letters from the Past. Final touch, adding the postage marks from the same set [Inks: stamp – Step #2 Tuxedo Black, Step #1 London Fog. post marks – Rich Cocoa and London Fog]. Finishing by highlighting the butterflies with Atyou Spica pens – Clear, Lavender, Sky Blue and Gold.
Now, if you are wondering why the back of the box is on its side … well, I thought this box was square. It’s not! LOL! When I realized that the small boxes on the front, fit in only one way … it was too late, the back stamped paper had already been attached. These are those “OH, NO!” moments when you simply have say to yourself… “Ok, I ment for it to look that way!”, and move forward! LOL!
The front boxes where digitally created. I wasn’t sure if I would like stamping right on the photo. This also allowed me to get all the photos and numbers to fit. The double digit numbers are a bit smaller.
This project also works for Angela’s challenge: It’s Hip to be Square – KS Crew Challenge #24.
Come join us in the KS Crew Challenge fun!